Reporter at Vermont Public Radio, covering criminal justice, Burlington and general assignments as needed. Experience in live radio, field reporting, hosting and mixing stories.
Reporter, Vermont Public Radio: January 2018 – Present
Reporting a mix of daily, feature and enterprise stories. Co-host/reporter for ‘JOLTED’ a five-part podcast about a school shooting that didn’t happen and the effect in had on the state. Covering criminal justice and responsible for monitoring news around Burlington and Chittenden County.
All Things Considered Producer, Vermont Public Radio: October 2017 – January 2018
Wrote and edited the local newscasts for All Things Considered. Worked with local host to develop, record and edit interview segments. Ran daily news meeting and filled in as a news director when needed. Reported daily news and features.
Morning Edition Producer, Vermont Public Radio: September 2016 to October 2017
Wrote and edited local newscast in Morning Edition. Worked with the local host to research, book and edit interviews segments. Reported daily news and features. Updated the VPR homepage in the mornings and sent the daily newsletter. Filled in as Morning Edition host as needed.
Producer/Announcer, Vermont Public Radio: March 2015 to September 2016
Fill-in host for Morning Edition and All Things Considered. Directed VPR’s daily call-in news magazine Vermont Edition. Wrote and produced promos for local programs. Producer for on-air pledge drives.
St. Michael’s College, 2014
Bachelor of Arts, Media Studies, Journalism and Digital Arts and Music
|Additional Experience and Awards|
- 2019 Livingston Award for Young Journalist Finalist
- 2019 Regional Edward R. Murrow for ‘Excellence in Innovation’
- Part of the team that won Second Place 2018 Public Radio News Directors Incorporated Award (PRNDI) for ‘Best Series’
- AIR Full Spectrum Storytelling Workshop, Summer 2017
- Sony Vegas, NewsBoss, ENCO, Telos Systems, ISDNs, Core Publisher and fielding recording equipment
- Hosting live NPR-style news magazines
- Field reporting
- Covering breaking news
- Reporting and producing long-form audio stories